Struggling with my belly fat has been an ongoing issue for years. I have tried exercising and cutting back on foods, but never really knew how to successfully get rid of or control my belly fat. I did not know that stress and Insulin also play a role in the physical causes of belly fat.
Belly Fat Diet for Dummies is another great book in the For Dummies selection that is informative and to the point. I found this book extremely helpful and it gave me hope that I too can get rid of my bell fat and get back into shape and feeling good about my body.
At 119 pounds and 5'3" I do not consider myself over weight, but I am extremely concerned about the belly fat that I have accumulated over the years. My Triglycerides are off the charts at 590 so this does not help either. Did you know that even if you are at a healthy body weight that holding excess fat in your stomach area increases your waistline therefore causing greater risk to your health?
Belly Fat or Visceral Fat is toxic and the more you have the more it can damage your organs and cause increased heart disease, diabetes, gallstones, certain types of cancers and even dementia. I was surprised when I read this.
Belly Fat Diet for Dummies offers great ways to start reducing belly fat by recommending exercises, how to prepare meals and to maintain the loss. There are three options to chose from to get started.
- The Turbo-Charged Plan is for you if you want to get quick and permanent results but is the strictest when it comes to the meal plans.
- The Moderation Plan is designed who wants a more steady loss without feeling like they are having to stop eating all the things they love.
- The Gradual-Change Plan is for anyone who is already at a healthy body weight but has excess belly fat. This plan is the plan I chose because it allows me to make changes at my pace.
One recipe that the entire family enjoyed was the Bean, Ham, and Cheese Breakfast Burrito. I added just a bit of chopped green onion and salsa to make these even more delicious. I have included the recipe below.
Nonstick Cooking Spray
4 egg (or 1 cup liquid egg whites)
4 ounces chopped lean ham
2 cups cooked cannelloni beans (or 16-ounce can rinsed and drained)
Four 6-inch 100% whole grain tortillas
4 ounces shredded part-skim cheddar cheese.
- Spray a saute pan with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs (or egg whites). Add to the prepared pan along with the ham and beans.
- Stir the mixture occasionally until the eggs are fully cooked and scrambled.
- Place 1/4 of the mixture onto each tortilla and top with 1-ounce of shredded cheese.
- Wrap the tortilla into a burrito shape and allow the cheese to melt.
Find out more about Belly Fat Diet For Dummies here. Also available for purchase on Amazon.com.
I am a For Dummies Ambassador and received Belly Fat Diet For Dummies for Review. I was not compensated to provide a positive review. All opinions are my own. For further policy disclosure please click here.