Thanks to Nutella and Mommy Parties I was given the opportunity to host a party for some of my friends to try Nutella. For some, it was their very first time.
A 2005 article summarizing the results of over 30 studies on breakfast consumption by children and adolescents and its relationship with nutritional adequacy and academic performance revealed, among other things, the following:1
- Kids who eat breakfast are more likely to meet their nutrient intake recommendations over the course of the day than their breakfast-skipping peers.
- Eating breakfast may positively benefit cognitive function related to memory, academic performance and school attendance.
- Skipping breakfast has been linked to increased snacking during the day or higher intake of high fat snacks.
A balanced breakfast can create a great start to the day and provide energy to face the day, increase concentration in school, ensure you receive important nutrients needed for a growing body, and can help regulate weight.
With Nutella for breakfast the kids feel they are getting a tasty treat! Mom wins and the kids win!
About Nutella: Nutella is a unique spread made with hazelnuts, skim milk and cocoa.
- Each 13 ounce jar of Nutella hazelnut spread contains more than 50 hazelnuts.
- Nutella hazelnut spread does not contain preservatives, hydrogenated oil, trans fat, or artificial colors.
- Nutella does not contain peanuts or peanut ingredients, nor does it come into contact with peanuts during processing.
Nutella® spread, in its earliest form, was created in the 1940s by Mr. Pietro Ferrero, a pastry maker and founder of the Ferrero company. At the time, there was very little chocolate because cocoa was in short supply due to World War II rationing. So Mr. Ferrero used hazelnuts, which are plentiful in the Piedmont region of Italy (northwest), to extend the chocolate supply.
Nutella and Mommy Parties provided my guests and myself with Tumblers (very nice quality), samples of Nutella, a full jar for sharing, spreaders, and lots of ideas and information.
As mentioned, Nutella provided some really great ideas on how to use Nutella. But our favorite was eating it right off the spoon! Yummy!
Here are a few suggestions:
Waffle Sandwich: Simply spread Nutella on one whole wheat toaster waffle and top with fresh fruit, finally top with a second waffle and cut like a sandwhich.
Breakfast Sandwich: You can use a whole wheat English muffin or Whole grain bagel. Toast it and spread with 1-2 tablespoons of Nutella and top with fresh sliced strawberries.
Breakfast Roll-Up: Spread 1-2 tablespoons of Nutella on a whole wheat tortilla. Top with your favorite fruit and roll!
Other ways we found to use Nutella:
- Drop a spoon full in the bottom of you coffee cup and add coffee, stir and enjoy!
- Spread peanut butter and Nutella on Whole Wheat Waffles - Tastes close to Reseese
- Cut up Fresh Apples and dip away!
- Spread on toasted cinnamon raisin bread with a touch of melted butter
- Use as filling for home-made donuts or crepes
There are so many ways to use Nutella. Here is just one website that provides tons of recipes for Fudge, cheesecakes, and much, much more! Click for some great Nutella recipes ideas!
Check out the Nutella Monthly Sweepstakes to win a full case of Nutella!
Answer 5 simple questions about Nutella® spread. Enter here for a chance to win a case of Nutella®. Share it with your friends and spread the word!
I was not paid or compensated in anyway for a positive review of this product. All opinions are my own.