Makes about 8 subsThis is a great, easy recipe for meatball subs. It uses frozen meatballs cooked in the crockpot so you have time to tend to other things.
- 40 frozen fully cooked meatballs
- 26-oz. jar pasta sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- mozzarella cheese
- 8 hoagie buns
- Green Bell Pepper, chopped, sautéed (optional)
Combine frozen meatballs, pasta sauce, and onion in 3-4 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours, until onion is tender and meatballs are thoroughly heated.
Scoop out and place in the hoagie bun. Place meatballs on bun and top with cheese and sautéed green peppers (optional).
Easy Grilled Wings
- 1 large family pack of wings (about 2 1/2 lbs.), cleaned, cut up.
- 1 to 2 bottles of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Large Pot for boiling Wings
- Grill, gas or charcoal
- Ranch Dressing or Blue Cheese Dressing
- In a large cooking pot place prepared wings and cover with water. Salt and pepper the water to taste and heat to boiling. Turn down heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Drain wings. In a large bowl combine the wings with a little of the barbecue sauce and toss to coat.
- Heat grill on high. When grill is hot, cook wings in a single layer with space between them. Keep cover open so they don't scorch. Cook for 5-7 minutes to sear and turn over. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes. Small wings cook fast so keep watch over them so they don't burn. Since the wings have been precooked you are just wanting to brown them nicely. Remove the wings and toss them again into sauce returning to the grill for 1 minute, turn for 1 minute longer. Repeat this process at least two more times. This creates a nice caramelized coating and keeps the inside moist.
- Set out with Ranch or Blue cheese dressing and enjoy the game.
See you next week for the final Super Bowl Goodies Week 3 which will include some deserts and drinks.