1 1/4 pound Skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
4 large Carrots, thinly sliced
3 large Celery stalks, thinly sliced
1 medium Onion (6 to 8 oz.), chopped
1 can (14 to 14.5 oz.) Chicken broth
1 sprig Fresh Rosemary
1/2 cup All-purpose ﬂour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
2 tsp Shortening
1/4 cup Milk
1 cup Frozen peas
2 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat 6-quart Dutch oven on medium-high until hot. Season chicken with 1/4 tsp salt
and fresh pepper. To pot, add 1 tbs oil, then chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is no
longer pink on the outside, stirring. Transfer chicken to bowl; reduce heat to medium.
2. To same pot, add remaining oil; stir in carrots, celery, and onion. Cook 5 to 7
minutes or until onion is translucent, stirring occassionly. Add broth, rosemary, and 2 cups
water; heat to simmering.
3. In small bowl whisk ﬂour, soda and 1/8 tsp salt. With fork, cut in shortening until
mixture forms coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until dough forms.
4. Stir chicken into simmering broth; cook 2 minutes. Stir in peas; cook 1 minute
longer. With slotted spon, transfer chicken and vegetables to large bowl. Do not remove pot
5. Drop dough into pot by tsp. Cover, simmer 5 minutes. Uncover, simmering 3 to 5
minutes longer or until dumplings are cooked through.
6. Spoon dumplings and broth over chicken mixture. Divide among bowls, and garish
Victoria's Voice. Powered by Blogger.