This is not only one of our favorite game day soups, we love having this one year round!
Enjoy this tasty beef soup that's flavored with ingredients that most already have stocked in the pantry or freezer. It is quick (Cooks in about 30 minutes), easy, and satisfying. This soup reheats great so don't be afraid to double the recipe.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix (If preferred use 40% less-sodium)
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- Sour Cream (dollop) (Optional)
- Tortilla Chips for dipping (Optional)
In 3-quart saucepan, brown ground beef until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add onions and taco seasoning mix; cook 1 minute.
Stir in tomatoes, corn and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.