Spicy Penne with Sausage
16 oz. Spicy Italian Sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
16 oz. Penne pasta
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 16 oz. can Italian-style tomatoes
2 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional for an extra kick)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove sausage from its casing and cook with onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is brown and crumbly, drain.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and rinse.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat add bell pepper and cook until tender. Stir in undrained tomatoes, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer vegetables stirring occassionally for about 30 minutes. Stir in sausage and simmer for about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and add pasta mixing well.
- Spoon pasta onto plate and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.